The department aims at
1. Equip the student with the knowledge in Banking and Finance to fulfill the demands of financial market.
2. Provide services to public and private sectors in developing knowledge, which keeps them on the same ground with the advancement in financial and capital markets.
3. Encourage faculty members to produce academic researches, which will be accepted at both local and international levels.
1. On November 8-9, 2012, Department of Banking and Finance and Office of Research Affairs arranged Chulalongkorn Accounting and Finance Symposium (CAFS) 2012
2. On November 9-10, 2012, the department cooperated with The Stock Exchange of Thailand to host Algorithmic Trading (Algorithmic Trading Workshop and Competition) at CBS’s financial lab.
3. On June 18, 2013, the department organized a Seminar called “Business Turnaround: Strtegies to Turn Loss into Gain from Thaicom” with Thaicom CEO as a guest speaker.
4. On August 15, 2013, the department organized a Seminar called “Corporate Governance and Financial Crisis” with Professor Steen Thomsen as a guest speaker.
5. On December 19, 2012, the departmentorganized a Seminar called “Public Debt: Time Bomb or Economic Accelerant” with Deputy Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Finance as a guest speaker.
6. On July 6-31, 2013, the department arranged Quantitative Credit Risk Model Training for The Siam Commercial Bank.
The research of faculty has been published in the First Tier Journal.
1. Recruit new faculty members with doctoral degrees from the world’s leading universities.
2. Cooperate with faculty members from international institutions in Banking and Finance in order to enhance knowledge of our faculty members.
3. Continuously develop both undergraduate and graduate programs to meet with the need from financial and capital markets by setting up the Advisory Board as consultants.
Website : Department of Banking and Finance